The Muslim Brotherhood Youth Alliance, which includes defectors from the group, has announced the establishment of “Egyptian Brotherhood” to serve as an alternative association to the Muslim Brotherhood.
CAIRO: Political disagreement by the youth of the Muslim Brotherhood turned into libel, slander and violence, Sheikh Sameh Abdel Hamid, a prominent figure at the Salafist Call, told Youm7 Monday.
Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood condemned a bomb attack on a security compound in the Nile Delta town of Daqahliya which killed 12 people and wounded more than 134 early on Tuesday.
CAIRO: A meeting between the Nour Party, Salafi Call, and Al-Azhar discussed the campaign to promote voting “yes” in the referendum on the draft constitution, said secretary for Nour Party in Alexandria Abdullah Badran.
CAIRO: The seizure of funds and properties of civil associations will only harm thousands of orphans, patients and the poor, spokesperson of the Nour Party Nader Bakkar said on Twitter Monday
A powerful explosion believed to be caused by a car bomb ripped through a police headquarters in a Nile Delta city north of Cairo early on Tuesday, killing 12 people and wounding more than 100, leaving scores buried under the rubble.
Egypt's National Alliance Supporting legitimacy (NASL), the group calling for the return of ousted Islamist president Mohamed Morsi, announced it will boycott the upcoming national referendum on the amended 2012 constitution.
The National Alliance to Support Legitimacy officially announced that it will boycott the referendum on the draft constitution scheduled for 14 and 15 January.
CAIRO: The Cairo Court of Appeals received on Sunday an investigation file regarding the prison break at Wadi al-Natroun Prison that resulted in the escape of ousted president Mohamed Morsi, a judicial source said.
CAIRO: Borg al-Arab Misdemeanor Court is scheduled to consider the lawsuit filed against ousted President Mohamed Morsi, accusing him of promoting a delusive program during his electoral campaign before presidential elections as part of the Nahda Project.
MINYA, Egypt: Minya security forces arrested 5 suspects involved in attacking police and governmental installations in Samalout and Deir Mowas districts of Minya in the wake of the dispersal of the Muslim Brotherhood sit-ins in Rabaa Al-Adawiya and Al-Nahda squares.
The Anti-Coup Alliance, also known as the National Coalition to Support Legitimacy, said in a Sunday evening statement that recent comments by businessman Naguib Sawiris aim at “igniting sectarian strife and increasing the societal division”.
An investigative judge referred Saturday morning ousted president Mohamed Morsi and 132 co-defendants to criminal court for escaping from Wadi Al-Natroun Prison during the January uprising of 2011.
Al-Jama’a Al-Islamiya and its Construction and Development Party have officially announced boycotting the referendum on the Constitution after 75 percent of the group’s general assembly members supported boycotting, while the rest 25 percent prefered to vote “no” so long as it guarantees transparency, integrity as well as international supervision will be available.
CAIRO: A source inside the Muslim Brotherhood told Youm7 on Saturday that they have received requests in emails and text messages from international Brotherhood organizations to mobilize their members to vote “no” on the upcoming constitutional referendum.
CAIRO: Sheikh Yusuf al-Qaradawi issued a statement Saturday announcing his resignation from the Al-Azhar Islamic Research Academy.
Egyptian authorities transferred two senior aides of ousted president Mohamed Morsi to Al-Aqrab prison in southern Cairo on Saturday.
CAIRO: The undecided stance of the Muslim Brotherhood (MB) and Mohamed Morsi supporters on whether or not to boycott the constitutional referendum indicates their intention to keep the door for dialogue open, said Kamal Habib, a professor of Islamic movements, on Thursday.
A suspect accused of killing a low-ranking police officer in the Nozha neighborhood committed suicide on Thursday during a crackdown by police aiming to arrest him.
CAIRO: The alliance supporting the Muslim Brotherhood continues to communicates with Ayman Nour regarding a strategy of dialogue, said Mohamed Abu Samra, Secretary-General of the Islamic Party, the Political arm of the Islamic Jihad organization.
CAIRO - They tirelessly hold rallies, whether at night or under cold rain, chanting for the return of Egypt's ousted Islamist President Mohammed Morsi. They clash with police, hurling back fuming tear gas canisters and getting dragged by their veils and thrown behind bars. At protests in universities, they get into fistfights with rival female students.
Persecution of Coptic Christians in Egypt | 60 Minutes Segment